Wednesday 25 April 2012

ulta3 Sizzling Red and Mode Arsonist

Can I start off by saying how amazingly pretty Arsonist is? It's an older polish of mine, sadly running out, but I just love it to bits. It's a deep red with red and gold orange shimmer and it's like a fire within.

My original plan was to marble Sizzling Red and Arsonist and create a really pretty creamy shimmery manicure that would have everyone oohing and ahhing over my nails. I even painted my nails the day before so they'd be extra ready.

Then I came to the realisation that Arsonist did not spread. At all.

So as I sat there at my desk with a roll of tape and my bottles of polish, I came up with a new idea. I placed a piece of tape diagonally across my Sizzling Red nail and painted on some Arsonist. The result was an understated but pretty two toned red mani in the shade, and a gorgeous bright and shimmery red bomb in the sunlight.

I started off with two coats of Sizzling Red, a really nice creme from ulta3 that applied really well and no top coat. Then I placed on a really thick layer of Arsonist, but only one, so there are a few sections that are a tad thinner than others, then my top coat.

I'm looking into getting Seche Vite. Anyone know of any good sites that deliver to Australia?