Saturday 28 April 2012

Rubi - Ring My Bell Zinfandel

I have a Rubi polish to show today. It's a really nice once coater deep red jelly, although I wore two coats because there were a few lighter spots where the polish levels were uneven. Looking at the polish in the bottle I thought it was a vampy red creme, but it was very much a jelly, and an incredibly opaque one, too! Even the lighter spots on my first coat were opaque, there was no VNL. The colour was also really sophisticated looking and I felt really posh wearing it :p

I've looked around on the internet and heard some bad rap about Rubi polishes, namely them separating in the bottle and an ungodly smell. I own 4 polishes, and I haven't noticed any of those problems. The swatches I did see were bottles that had Rubi Shoes as the label, where as all the current ones are plain Rubi, so it's most possible that the formula has been updated since then. There is still a slight chemical smell, but I only really noticed it when I shoved my nose in the bottle, and it disappeared after my nails were dry.

Bottle in Flash